Work is now underway on a further phase of the Comber Greenway improvement scheme, following the announcement of an additional £120,000 funding towards the project.
Widening and resurfacing has recently been completed between Holywood Arches and East Link Road and this latest funding will extend the scheme an extra 1.8 kilometres to Millmount Chase, further enhancing the experience for walkers and cyclists.
Subject to favourable weather conditions it is anticipated that the work will be completed by the summer.
For health and safety reasons the Greenway will need to be closed to the public while the work takes place, however diversionary routes have been identified and will be signposted in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public.
Notes to editors:
- Work commenced on the first phase between Holywood Arches and East Link Road on 18 January and has now been completed.
- The path is being widened to approximately four metres.
- This latest funding brings investment in the scheme to £470,000.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Tempo Road, Enniskillen 20 February 2020
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020