Work is now underway on a further phase of the Comber Greenway improvement scheme, following the announcement of an additional £120,000 funding towards the project.
Widening and resurfacing has recently been completed between Holywood Arches and East Link Road and this latest funding will extend the scheme an extra 1.8 kilometres to Millmount Chase, further enhancing the experience for walkers and cyclists.
Subject to favourable weather conditions it is anticipated that the work will be completed by the summer.
For health and safety reasons the Greenway will need to be closed to the public while the work takes place, however diversionary routes have been identified and will be signposted in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public.
Notes to editors:
- Work commenced on the first phase between Holywood Arches and East Link Road on 18 January and has now been completed.
- The path is being widened to approximately four metres.
- This latest funding brings investment in the scheme to £470,000.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Infrastructure Minister announces appointments to the Board of the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 23 September 2021
- Competition Launched for Non-Executive Board members 23 September 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Old Holywood Road, Belfast 22 September 2021
- Minister Mallon launches the 2021/22 £100,000 grants scheme for community led road safety initiatives 22 September 2021