Work is now underway on a further phase of the Comber Greenway improvement scheme, following the announcement of an additional £120,000 funding towards the project.
Widening and resurfacing has recently been completed between Holywood Arches and East Link Road and this latest funding will extend the scheme an extra 1.8 kilometres to Millmount Chase, further enhancing the experience for walkers and cyclists.
Subject to favourable weather conditions it is anticipated that the work will be completed by the summer.
For health and safety reasons the Greenway will need to be closed to the public while the work takes place, however diversionary routes have been identified and will be signposted in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public.
Notes to editors:
- Work commenced on the first phase between Holywood Arches and East Link Road on 18 January and has now been completed.
- The path is being widened to approximately four metres.
- This latest funding brings investment in the scheme to £470,000.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020