A £288,000 pedestrian and cyclist signal upgrade has commenced on the A55 Knock Road Dual Carriageway at the Glen Road junction.
The upgrade to the crossing facility will improve road safety for cyclists and pedestrians, and in particular vulnerable road users such as, children, the elderly and those with a disability wishing to travel from the Braniel Estate to the Connswater Community Greenway.
Minister Mallon is committed to delivering sustainable infrastructure that will transform communities and improve lives. This improved linkage will give benefits to the whole community and help encourage more people to consider walking and cycling journeys.
During the works lane closures will be in operation Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm. The works are due to be completed on 31 July 2020.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning their journey.
The Department will keep the public informed of any change to this programme. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020