The Public Inquiry into the scheme was held in November 2015. Following an announcement by the Minister for Infrastructure on the 15 November 2016, the Inspector’s Report and the Departmental Statement have now been published along with the Designation Order and the Notice to Proceed. These documents can be viewed on the York Street Interchange webite using the link at the bottom of the page.
The procurement process for the York Street Interchange has been progressed in parallel with the statutory process. The tender process to appoint a Contractor to bring the scheme to a construction ready stage has now been completed. However, tender award cannot occur at present due to a legal challenge. The legal process is ongoing.
Public inquiries were held in November 2015 into the environmental statement, draft Designation Order and draft Vesting Order.
£120m – £165m
- 26 March 2009 - Stage 1 Report approved by Roads Service Board
- 1-2 June 2011 - Public exhibition
- 25 October 2012 - Stage 2 Report approved
- 6 December 2012 - Stage 2 report announced by the Minister
- 28 January 2015 - Statutory Orders published
- 9-10 February 2015 - Orders exhibition and objections received
- late Autumn 2015 - Public inquiry announced
- 14 May 2015 - Gateway 2 approved by TransportNI Management Group
- OJEU and PIN notice published on 6 August 2015
- Public inquiries were held between 10 and 12 November 2015
- 15 November 2016 – Publish Inspector’s Report and Departmental Statement.
You can find out more about this scheme on the York Street interchange website
Details last updated 28 June 2016