The Ballykelly Bypass is one of several schemes that have been identified for the northern corridor in the Regional Strategic Transport Network Transport Plan 2015 (RSTN TP) and is included in the Investment Delivery Plan (IDP) for Roads. The future progression of this scheme will be dependent on priorities determined by the Minister, in the context of available capital budgets and informed by the new RSTN TP.
- Provide 4km dual carriageway bypass.
- Dependent on available capital budgets
- £35m -£40m
- 7 and 8 May 2008 - Stage 1 public consultation held
- June 2008 - A2 Ballykelly Bypass - Stage 1 Report published
- 7 and 8 April 2009 - Stage 2 public consultation held
- March 2010 - A2 Ballykelly Bypass - Stage 2 Report published (preferred route).
- 26 March 2010 - Stage 2 public exhibition held.
Updated July 2020