The Ballykelly Bypass is one of several schemes that have been identified for the northern corridor in the Regional Strategic Transport Network Transport Plan 2015 (RSTN TP) and is included in the Investment Delivery Plan (IDP) for Roads. Although construction is not expected to commence until near the end of the Investment Strategy period (2017/2018), initial assessment work was brought forward due to the planned disposal of lands at Shackleton Barracks by the Ministry of Defence. The assessment will be limited to the selection of a preferred route (end of Stage 2).
- Provide 4km dual carriageway bypass.
- Under development
- £35m -£40m
- 7 and 8 May 2008 - Stage 1 public consultation held
- June 2008 - A2 Ballykelly Bypass - Stage 1 Report published
- 7 and 8 April 2009 - Stage 2 public consultation held
- March 2010 - A2 Ballykelly Bypass - Stage 2 Report published (preferred route).
- 26 March 2010 - Stage 2 public exhibition held.
Updated 14 August 2015