The Department for Infrastructure has announced that the appointment terms of Mr Alan Stephens and Mr Trevor Haslett, Non-Executive Members of Warrenpoint Harbour Authority have been extended.
This is with effect from 1 April 2019 to 30 November 2019.
These extensions have been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland’s Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority is a corporate body, having perpetual succession and was first constituted by the Warrenpoint Harbour Authority Order (Northern Ireland) 1971. Its constitution is now enshrined in the Warrenpoint Harbour Authority Order (Northern Ireland) 2002. Warrenpoint Harbour Authority Orders of 1971 and 2002 conferred powers on the Authority to preserve, improve and manage the Port of Warrenpoint. The Authority also has the power to construct and maintain specific works, to levy dues, to deal with abandoned vessels and to make bylaws.
- The Harbour Authority Board has a membership of a Chair, two Executive Members, and seven Non-Executive Members, including three councillors from Newry, Mourne and Down District Council. The Non-Executive Members currently receive remuneration of £7,496.88 per annum.
- The Department for Infrastructure do not reappoint board members automatically to a second term. All appointments are made through open competition. These are extensions rather than a re-appointments.
- Alan Stephens has served on Warrenpoint Harbour Authority since October 2010. He has worked in the food industry and has experience in sales, marketing and change management. He was managing director of Premier Bakeries Ireland and President of the Irish Masters Bakers Association for two years. He does not hold any other public appointments.
- Trevor Haslett, CBE, was Chief Executive of NI Water from 2011 - 2013 and has worked in both the public and private sectors where he gained knowledge of local industrial, commercial and financial matters. He is currently involved in the business development of a number of local companies to help them secure opportunities outside Northern Ireland. He is also on the Trust Board of the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service and is Chair of the Centre for Advanced Sustainable Energy (CASE).
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees to be published. Mr Stephens and Mr Haslett have declared that they have not undertaken any recent political activity.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 028 9037 8110 and your call will be returned.
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020
- Minister announces free public transport for healthcare workers and further changes to services 26 March 2020