A resurfacing scheme on the A5 Victoria Road, Bready at Grangefoyle, will re-commence this weekend.
The scheme will start at a point 250 metres south of the junction with Grangefoyle Road and proceed northwards along the Victoria Road for a distance of 600 metres.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to implement a road closure from 8.00 am on Saturday 30 May to 6.00 pm on Sunday 31 May 2020.
The following diversionary routes will be in operation. Countrybound (Southbound) traffic will be diverted via the B48 Duncastle Road, B49 Berryhill Road and B49 Woodend Road. Citybound (Northbound) traffic will be diverted via the A38 Lifford Road at Strabane, N14 Letterkenny Road, R265 Clonleigh Road, R236 St. Johnston’s/Carrigans Road, A40 Mullenan Road, A40 Letterkenny Road and A40 Foyle Road.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. We reiterate the advice that only essential travel should take place. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
The work is subject to favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 90540007 or email email@example.com. Out of hours, please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020