The replacement of a vehicle restraint system on Upper Hightown Road, North Belfast is due to commence on Monday 31 May 2021.
The scheme will extend for approximately 400 metres along the Upper Hightown Road from its junction with Crumlin Road.
Minister Mallon said:
“Road safety is integral to the work of the Department and I am committed to exploring solutions that deliver for communities and reduce injuries on our roads. This significant scheme to replace the barriers on Upper Hightown Road will improve road safety for all who travel along this busy North Belfast route.
"I wish to thank local residents and the travelling public in advance for their co-operation while this important work is completed.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers while this important safety work takes place, it will be necessary to implement a continuous road closure, from Monday 31 May at 9.30 am until Friday 4 June 2021 at 4.00 pm.
Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions whilst the work takes place and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works. Throughout the work, access to the Cave Hill Country Park will be maintained from the Hightown Road Glengormley
Completion of the scheme by 4 June will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates and out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800 hours and 0800 hours Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021