The £220,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Glen Road, Comber which commenced on Monday 29 April 2019 is entering its next phase.
The resurfacing work, which will extend a distance of approximately 920 metres and includes 600 metres of footway, will deliver significant improvements to both the structural integrity and surface of the road.
To facilitate the work the Glen Road, Comber will be closed to through traffic from its junction with Ballystockart Road to its junction with Railway Street from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm on weekdays from Monday 27 May 2019 to Friday 21 June 2019.
During the closure times a two-way diversion will be in place via Railway Street, Ballygowan Road, Hillsborough Road, Moneyreagh Road, Gransha Road and Glen Road. The diversionary routes will be clearly signed and local access for residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 21 June 2019 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- £100,000 road improvement scheme for Lisnagarvey Drive, Lisburn 16 August 2019
- £448,000 road improvement schemes for Melmount Road, Sion Mills. 14 August 2019
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2019-20 Q1 14 August 2019
- £340,000 road improvement works for Killyman Road and Trewmount Road, Dungannon 14 August 2019