Resurfacing work on the A28 Armagh Road at Loughgilly which commenced on Monday 13 February 2023 is currently ahead of schedule and as such changes to the timings of the weekend road closures are required.
It is now proposed to implement full road closure on the weekends of 4/5 March from 7.00 am to 17.30 pm Saturday 4 March and 8.00 am to 19.00 pm Sunday 5 March and on the 11/12 March 2023 from 8.00 am to 19.00 pm Saturday and Sunday. The road will be open to traffic outside of these times.
Traffic travelling toward Newry (Southbound) will be diverted via the B133 Bessbrook Road, Mountnorris, Bessbrook and A25 Camlough Road, with traffic travelling towards Armagh (Northbound) via the A28 Gosford Road, Poyntzpass, Tandragee and Markethill.
Subject to favourable weather conditions, work should complete ahead of schedule and the proposed weekend closure for March 25/26 should not be required. The weekday lanes closures under traffic signal control will remain in place until work is completed.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Reappointments and extension to the Board of Northern Ireland Water 06 December 2023
- Road Safety campaigns to reduce careless driving and speeding 01 December 2023
- The Department for Infrastructure announces intention to increase Strangford Lough Ferry fares 29 November 2023
- Publication of Young Persons’ Behaviour and Attitudes Survey 2022 Travel to and from School Factsheet 24 November 2023