A significant carriageway resurfacing scheme on Ballynahinch Road, Saintfield commenced on Monday 27 February 2023. Due to unforeseen circumstances, it has been necessary to amend the traffic management arrangements.
It will be necessary to implement a road closure from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday, until Friday 7 April 2023 and from Monday 17 April to Friday 19 May 2023. The road will be open to traffic from Saturday 8 April to Sunday 16 April 2023 and overnight and at the weekends.
During these times a signed diversionary route will operate via A21 Saintfield Road, A24 Belfast Road, A24 Carryduff Road, B6 Saintfield Road, B6 Lisburn Road and A21 Ballynahinch Road.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times, however some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 19 May 2023, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland Headline Report 2021 has been published today 30 March 2023
- A28 Loughgilly resurfacing – Sunday 2 April closure 30 March 2023
- The Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2021-22 statistical report 29 March 2023
- Statistical Press Release – Travel to and from school by children in Northern Ireland 2021/22 23 March 2023