Strangford Lough Ferry fares for foot passengers will be suspended after 3.00 pm on Friday 20 July during the Portaferry Gala Night.
The suspension will allow ferry crews to safely manage the very large crowds of passengers using the Ferry Service on Gala Night.
The suspension, which will help minimise queuing and crowding in the interests of passenger safety, means no fares will be collected from foot passengers after 3.00 pm to the last sailing at 10.45 pm.
With between 5000 - 6000 people expected to use the service on Friday after 3.00 pm, the Ferry Service would encourage people to travel early, if possible, to minimise queues and avoid delays.
Normal charges for vehicles and drivers will apply at all times on 20 July. Normal charges for all passengers will apply from 21 July.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £310,000 road improvement scheme in Waringstown 14 August 2018
- £410,000 improvement schemes for Sligo Road, Fermanagh 13 August 2018
- £200,000 investment for eight new Greenway designs 09 August 2018
- Belfast Rapid Transit bus lanes go live in Belfast Harbour Estate and city centre 08 August 2018