A shared footway / cycleway scheme on A2 Clooney Road, Ballykelly will commence on Monday 17 April 2023.
The scheme will involve the construction of a 1 kilometre shared footway and cycleway on the Clooney Road, Ballykelly between the Forest Drive junction and the Carnamuff Road junction. This work will greatly enhance provision for cyclists and pedestrians and is part of the Department’s ongoing commitment to increase opportunities for active travel.
To facilitate the safe delivery of the scheme it will be necessary to implement daily lane closures from 9.30 am to 4.00 pm from Monday 17 April to Tuesday 31 October 2023.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are asked to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 31 October 2023, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at Department for Infrastructure
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- O’Dowd welcomes confirmation of Irish government funding for the A5 20 February 2024
- O’Dowd – A4 Enniskillen Bypass to progress following funding confirmation 20 February 2024
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – January 2024' 16 February 2024
- O’Dowd announces £460,000 road improvement scheme for A2 Groomsport Road Roundabout, Bangor 16 February 2024