A £145,000 resurfacing scheme on the U1147 Ervy Road, Eglinton is due to commence on 25 February 2021.
The works, which start near the junction with the Highmoor Road and continue northwards for a distance of 1100 metres to the Brockagh Road, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a full road closure from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm daily from Monday 25 February to Saturday13 March. A two way diversion will be in place via C507 Slaughtmanus Road, B118 Tamnaherin Road Road, U1145 Brockagh Road. Access for residents and landowners will be maintained, but delays should be expected.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to avoid the area whenever possible, allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
In the interests of public safety and the safety of the contractor’s workforce the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for B2 Clare Road, Tandragee 13 April 2021
- Mallon: deeply concerned by railway incident 12 April 2021
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021