A £380,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme will commence in Armagh on 26 July 2021.
The improvement work will extend approximately 1.1 kilometre from its junction with Mullacreevie housing estate to its junction with the A3 at the Irish Street slip road link to include 250 metres of new street lighting.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network in to the benefit of all who use it. I would like to thank local residents and businesses in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to implement temporary traffic signals between the hours of 09:00 am and 5.00 pm from Monday 26 July until Friday 6 August 2021 (Monday to Friday only). Following this a closure will be in place from 9.00 am until 5.00 pm each day from Monday 9 August until Friday 20 August 2021. The road will be open evenings and at weekends.
During periods of closure traffic will be diverted via the A3 Slip Road North, A3 Irish Street, A3 Monaghan Road, B210 Coolkill Road and A28 Killylea Road
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 20 August is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon grants final planning permission for Casement Park stadium 28 July 2021
- £305,000 road improvement scheme for Gilford Road, Lurgan 27 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A2 Bangor Road, Belfast 27 July 2021
- Mallon welcomes appointment of contractor to take forward All Island Rail Review 27 July 2021