A £286,000 resurfacing scheme for Waterfall Road, Larne is due to commence on Monday 1 February 2021.
The 2.4 kilometre scheme extends from Carrickfergus Road to Tureagh Road and is expected to be completed by Friday 5 March 2021.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to introduce a full weekday road closure on Waterfall Road (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 1 February 2021 until Friday 5 March 2021. During these times a diversion will be in operation via Ballyrickard Road, Mounthill Road, Browndod Road, Ballyvernstown Road and Carrickfergus Road (vice versa).
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow any alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion by Friday 5 March 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The DVA re-opens its practical driving test booking system for all customers with more capacity in the system 07 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Fenaghy Road, Cullybackey 06 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for South Belfast 06 May 2021
- Mallon welcomes new bicycle repair station on Lagan Towpath at Lisburn 04 May 2021