A £231,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Tullynore Road, Hillsborough will commence on Monday 21 November 2022.
The resurfacing scheme, which extends between Raffertys Hill Road and Ballynahinch Road, will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Monday 21 November 2022 until Friday 20 January 2023, between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm.
During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using the Ballynahinch Road - Edenticullo Road - Dromara Road - Drumlough Road and vice versa. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions, all work will be completed by 20 January 2023 however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024