A £89,000 resurfacing scheme on the Trench Road, Derry will commence on 3 August 2020 and is scheduled to last for four weeks.
The scheme will commence near the Curryfree Road junction and extend south westwards for a distance of 680 metres. The resurfacing work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the resurfacing it will be necessary to implement a full daily road closure, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm. Access for residents and landowners will be facilitated although some delays may be experienced.
A diversionary route will be in place via Trench Road Strabane Old Road, Woodside Road, A5 Victoria Road and B48 Duncastle Road.
Heavy goods vehicles are asked to use the A6 Glendermott Road and A5 Victoria Road.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however, some delays can be expected and road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
Completion by 29 August 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: http://www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing Scheme for Ballybuttle Road, Millisle 14 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Cable Road, Whitehead 14 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Dungannon Road, Cookstown 13 August 2020
- Mallon announces Regulatory Recovery Support for Buses and Taxis 13 August 2020