A road improvement scheme on Stoney Road, Dundonald will commence on Monday 25 October 2021.
The resurfacing works will extend from the Ballyregan Road westwards for a length of 640 metres (to the stone bridge).
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to implement daily road closures, Monday to Friday only, between the hours of 8:00am and 5.30pm, from Monday 25 October 2021 until Friday 19 November 2021. Access will be maintained for residents and emergency vehicles to and from the Ulster Hospital.
Access to the Stormont estate along the lower end of the Stoney Road via the Newtownards Road entrance will also be maintained.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Completion of the work by 19 November is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon: Lights up public health messages on strategic roads to assist in fight against covid-19 26 November 2021
- Minister Mallon welcomes support for increased infrastructure investment for Stormont 26 November 2021
- Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon’s £5.1 million Shimna River Flood Alleviation Scheme gets underway 25 November 2021
- Mallon visits Fermanagh and Omagh 24 November 2021