A £420,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on B99 Rectory Road, will commence on Monday 6 March 2023.
The works which will extend for a distance of approximately 1.27 kilometres will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
The scheme extends from the Carrickfergus Road junction to Ballylesson Road junction. Work is expected to be completed by 29 March 2023.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure from Monday 6 March 2023 until Wednesday 29 March 2023, between the hours of 7.30 am until 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
During these times a diversion will be in operation, via:
- A2 Shore Road, Glynn Road, Pound Street, A8 Harbour Highway, Browndod Road, Ballyvernstown Road, Carrickfergus Road and vice-versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative route which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 29 March 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland Headline Report 2021 has been published today 30 March 2023
- A28 Loughgilly resurfacing – Sunday 2 April closure 30 March 2023
- The Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2021-22 statistical report 29 March 2023
- Statistical Press Release – Travel to and from school by children in Northern Ireland 2021/22 23 March 2023