A carriageway resurfacing scheme on Quay Street, Ardglass will commence on Monday 5 June 2023.
The resurfacing scheme will involve the asphalt resurfacing of a 0.5 kilometre stretch of Quay Street, from Bath Lane to Kildare Street.
This work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents, businesses and tourists and is expected to be completed by Friday 23 June 2023.
To facilitate the safe delivery of the scheme it will be necessary to implement a road closure from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, from Monday 5 June 2023 through to Friday 23 June 2023. The road will be open to traffic overnight and at the weekends.
During these times, a signed diversionary route will operate via A2 Kildare Street, U22 Hill Street and A2 Bath Street.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times, however some minor delays may be experienced.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by Friday 23 June 2023, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024