A major road improvement scheme at the Prince William Road/ Knockmore Road junction in Lisburn will commence Monday 18 July 2022.
This developer led scheme will result in significant improvement to increase the capacity of the road layout and enhance the pedestrian facilities at the junction to include; widening to the junction; provision of a left slip lane into Knockmore Road; and the provision of PUFFIN controlled pedestrian crossings within the junction layout.
Due to the significant nature of the scheme and to ensure the safety of road users and road workers it will be necessary to close the Prince William Road Northbound from the 18 July for six weeks. A diversion will be clearly signed and operate via the Antrim Road, Pond Park Road and Derriaghy Road.
During September and October the junction will return to two way traffic with the remainder of the works completed during off peak lane closures.
Further road closures will be required towards the end of the scheme for surfacing of the junction, however these will be timed to minimise the impact on road users.
The Department has worked with the developer to programme the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise disruption, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply will all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by end of October 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister meets Construction Employers Federation 09 August 2022
- Resurfacing scheme for Market Street, Ballycastle to commence 05 August 2022
- Interim Strabane Flood Alleviation Scheme to progress - O’Dowd 04 August 2022
- Infrastructure Minister meets Unite Union 03 August 2022