A £170,000 road improvement scheme on Old Holywood Road, Belfast will commence on Monday 27 September 2021.
Due to the nature of the scheme the work will be completed under daily road closures between the hours of 9.30 am and 6.00 pm, from Monday 27 September until Friday 1 October. During these times a diversionary route will be clearly signed via A55 Parkway, A2 Belfast Road and Jacksons Road.
Access for residents will be maintained while pedestrians will continue to have access to the footways.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this road. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey.
Completion of the work by 1 October is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022
- Resurfacing scheme for Kilmahamogue Road, Ballycastle 28 April 2022