A £152,000 resurfacing scheme for Old Glenarm Road, Larne will commence on Monday 1 March 2021.
The scheme, which extends from Ballycraigy Road for approximately 0.8 kilometres east towards Greenland Road, is expected to be completed by Friday 23 March 2021.
Due to the nature of the scheme it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure on Old Glenarm Road on the weekends of 6/7 March and 13/14 March 2021. During these times a diversion will be in operation via Ballycraigy Road, Upper Cairncastle Road, The Roddens and Greenland Road. Traffic Control will be in operation at all other times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Derrylee Road, Maghery 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing scheme for A46 Belleek Road, at The Brooke, Enniskillen 02 March 2021
- Extension of appointments to the Drainage Council for Northern Ireland 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing Scheme for A20 Rowreagh Road, Kircubbin 26 February 2021