A £308,000 carriageway Road improvement scheme on B67 Moyarget Road, Mosside will commence on Monday 27 September 2021.
The resurfacing works will extend for a distance of approximately 1.8 kilometres.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure (Monday to Saturday) between the hours of 7.30 am and 7.00 pm from Monday 27 September until Sunday 10 October 2021. During these times diversions will be in place as follows;-
- Coleraine to Ballycastle – via Castlecatt Road and Straid Road
- Ballycastle to Coleraine – via Ballinlea Road and Mostragee Road / Carncullagh Road
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this road and brings the total spend in the wider Derrykeighan / Mosside areas this year to approximately £659,000. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 10 October 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022