A £185,000 resurfacing scheme for Moyarget Road, Ballycastle is due to commence on Monday 7 September 2020.
The scheme which extends from Magheramore Road to Whitepark Road is expected to be completed by Wednesday 16 September 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to introduce a full road closure on Moyarget Road, Monday to Friday, between 7.30 am and 6.00 pm. This will be in operation from Monday 7 September 2020 until Wednesday 16 September, and the diversion route will be along Carrowreagh Road, Ballinlea Road, Straid Road and Church Road. Lane closures may also be in operation at other times using temporary traffic control measures.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow any alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion by 16 September 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit the trafficwatchNI website.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020
- £250,000 road and footpath improvement scheme for Clady Road, Clady 23 September 2020