A £120,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Moneyreagh Road, Castlereagh, will commence on Monday 27 June 2022.
The scheme stretches from Marylands Industrial Estate in a southerly direction (through Gransha Road / Knockbracken Road junctions) for a distance of approximately 150 metres.
To facilitate the scheme it will be necessary to implement weekday lane closures along the work area on the Moneyreagh Road for the duration of the works from Monday 27 June until Friday 5 August 2022 between 9.30am and 4:30 pm.
In addition to the weekday lane closure a full road closure will be required to complete the associated surfacing works. This will be in place overnight from Monday 1 August until Friday 5 August 2022 between the hours of 7.30 pm and 6:00 am.
During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using the B178 Hillsborough Road - A7 Belfast Road - A24 Saintfield Road - A55 Upper Knockbreda Road - A23 Ballygowan Road and vice versa. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 5 August 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023
- £385,000 road improvement scheme for Lagmore Meadows, Belfast 10 March 2023