A £226,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Milltown Avenue in Derriaghy, Lisburn commenced on Monday 26 July 2021.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches from Belsize Road to the Milltown Road for 937 metres will deliver significant benefits for road users and should be fully completed by 29 October 2021.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience to residents. To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement localised lane closures which will be operational each weekday (Monday – Friday from 8.00 am until 6.00 pm). Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022