A £340,000 resurfacing scheme for Main Street and Hillhead Road, Ballycarry will commence on Monday 27 July 2020.
The scheme which extends from Bridgend Road/Main Street junction for approximately one kilometre to the 30mph signs on Hillhead Road, Ballycarry is expected to be completed by Sunday 23 August 2020.
Due to the nature of the scheme, it will be necessary to use a full weekday road closure (Monday to Friday), on Hillhead Road, between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm, from Monday 27 July 2020 until Friday 7 August. During these times a diversion will be in operation along the A2 Belfast Road and B90 Island Road.
A full road closure will also be required on Main Street, Ballycarry on Sunday 9 August and Sunday 23 August, during which times a diversion will be in operation along the A2 Belfast Road, B149 Beltoy Road, B90 Dalways Bawn Road and B90 Bridgend Road.
Lane closures will also be in operation at other times with traffic control measures in place as works progress.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress of the scheme and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Resurfacing scheme for A47 Killadeas Road at Ballycassidy 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Mowhan Road, Markethill 10 August 2020
- Resurfacing scheme Main Street and Mullavilly Road, Laurelvale 07 August 2020
- Road improvement scheme for A29 Desertmartin Road and B41 Main Street, Tobermore 07 August 2020