A £330,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme for Legavallon Road will commence on Monday 12 October 2020.
The scheme extends from Legavallon Road on the outskirts of Dungiven for approximately 2.1 kilometres to the junction with Gortnagross Road and is expected to be completed by Saturday 24 October 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a full road closure for the duration of the works between the hours of 7.30 am and 6.00 pm from Monday 12 October 2020 until Saturday 24 October 2020.
During the road closure a two-way traffic diversion will be in operation via Legavallon Road - Ballyquin Road - Scroggy Road - Greystone Road - Broad Road - Ringsend Road - Craigmore Road - Boleran Road - Belraugh Road - Legavallon Road.
The Department has carefully planned the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the diversion routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
Completion by 24 October 2020 will be dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: TrafficwatchNI
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon refuses planning permission for Doraville Wind Farm 26 October 2020
- £148,000 road improvement scheme at Glenburn Road, Dunmurry 23 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Mid Ulster District Council 2020 22 October 2020
- Mallon welcomes An Taoiseach partnership approach to delivering on an all-island infrastructure 22 October 2020