A £144,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Hornbeam Road, Dunmurry, commenced today.
The resurfacing scheme, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents, businesses and those who travel through the area and should be fully completed by 8 August 2022.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Monday 6 June 2022 until Friday 8 August 2022 between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using Willow Gardens - River Road and vice versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 8 August 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd visits Sion Mills Primary School to hear why pupils think the A5 should be upgraded 30 June 2022
- O’Dowd welcomes awarding of six road resurfacing contracts 30 June 2022
- Minister O’Dowd visits Waterways Ireland 28 June 2022
- O’Dowd celebrates female colleagues on International Women in Engineering Day 23 June 2022