A £268,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme for the Glengoland area of Belfast is due to commence on Wednesday 28 April 2021.
The carriageway resurfacing works will extend the entire length of Glengoland Crescent, Glengoland Gardens and Glengoland Park, a total length of approximately 1620 metres.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network in West Belfast to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement a series of daily road closures, (Monday - Friday only) from Wednesday 28 April until Monday 17 May 2021 between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. Access for residents will be maintained as much as possible.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Completion of the scheme by 17 May will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The DVA re-opens its practical driving test booking system for all customers with more capacity in the system 07 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Fenaghy Road, Cullybackey 06 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for South Belfast 06 May 2021
- Mallon welcomes new bicycle repair station on Lagan Towpath at Lisburn 04 May 2021