Work to realign and widen approximately 300 metres of carriageway, including the provision of shared use footway/cycleway, on the U1271 Glencam Road, from its junction with Highfield Place to its junction with the U1269 Killybrack Road is due to commence on Monday 26 September 2022.
Due to poor ground conditions the scheme will be phased in two stages. The £300,000 Phase 1 of the scheme includes construction of approximately 190 metres of new road and shared use cycleway/footway and will take approximately three months to complete. Phase 2 of the works will follow in early 2023.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure. During the closure a two-way signed diversionary route via C625 Edenbrack Road and U1269 Killybrack Road will be in place.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
Completion of the work by mid December 2022 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Road improvement scheme for A21 Ballygowan Road, Ballygowan 02 June 2023
- Consultation on Northern Ireland Concessionary Fares Scheme launched 01 June 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Quay Street, Ardglass 24 May 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022/23 Quarter Four’ 23 May 2023