A carriageway resurfacing scheme on Glebe Road, Ahoghill will commence on Monday 24 April 2023.
The works which will extend for a distance of approximately 2.8 kilometres will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road. The scheme includes the resurfacing of carriageway from A42 Portglenone Road to Number 47 and from Number 43 to Ballymontenagh Road. These works are expected to be completed by 27 May 2023.
To facilitate the works on the Glebe Road, it will be necessary to operate a full road closure, continuously from 7am on Monday 24 April 2023 until 6pm on Saturday 27 May 2023. During these times a diversion will be in operation via the A42 Ballynafie Road, B52 Largy Road, B18 Whitesides Road and vice-versa.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative route which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 27 May 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at Department for Infrastructure
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024