A £180,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Colinwell Road, Belfast will commence on Monday 26 July 2021.
The carriageway resurfacing works will be from Brians Well Road to Colinglen Road, a total length of approximately 840 metres.
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement daily road closures, from Monday 26 July until Friday 30 July 2021 between the hours of 7.30 pm and 6.00 am.
A diversionary route will be clearly signed on approach to the work and road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Completion of the scheme by 30 July will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of work in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon grants final planning permission for Casement Park stadium 28 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A2 Bangor Road, Belfast 27 July 2021
- Mallon welcomes appointment of contractor to take forward All Island Rail Review 27 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A26 Crankill Road Northbound Dual Carriageway, Ballymena 27 July 2021