A £176,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Carrowreagh Road, Dundonald will commence on Monday 25 July 2022.
The scheme stretches for a distance of approximately 900 metres from the Upper Newtownards Road junction to the entrance of the Millreagh Housing Development.
To facilitate the scheme it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures along the work area on the Carrowreagh Road for the duration of the works, from Monday 25 July 2022 until Friday 26 August 2022 between 8.00 am and 6:00 pm. In addition, overnight road closures will be in place from Wednesday 3 August until Friday 5 August between 7.00 pm and 6.00 am each night to enable resurfacing works on approach to the Upper Newtownards Road junction. During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using the Dunlady Road – Upper Newtownards Road and vice versa. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 26 August 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister meets Construction Employers Federation 09 August 2022
- Resurfacing scheme for Market Street, Ballycastle to commence 05 August 2022
- Interim Strabane Flood Alleviation Scheme to progress - O’Dowd 04 August 2022
- Infrastructure Minister meets Unite Union 03 August 2022