A £209,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough will commence on Monday 17 October 2022.
The resurfacing scheme extends between Ballynahinch Road and Carnreagh and will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Monday 17 October 2022 until Friday 22 December 2022 between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm.
During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using the Ballynahinch Road - Lisburn Street - Lisburn Road - Carnreagh or alternatively Ballynahinch Road - Comber Road - Carnreagh. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 22 December 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022-23 Quarter One’ 30 November 2022
- £350,000 investment in rural roads in Armagh area 29 November 2022
- £584,000 resurfacing scheme for Grange Blundell Road, Armagh to commence 28 November 2022
- Action Plan for Electric Vehicle Infrastructure published 25 November 2022