A £155,000 road improvement scheme on the Barnfield Road, Lisburn will commence on Monday 29 March.
The resurfacing scheme, which extends from Mullaghglass Road to the 30 mph speed limit sign near Milltown, will improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of road closures for the duration of the works as follows:
- Daily road closures will be in place from 8.00 am until 6.00 pm (Monday to Friday only) from Monday 29 March until Friday 21 May.
During the times of road closures, a two way diversionary route will operate via Mullaghglass Road - Pond Park Road East - Lady Wallace Avenue - B101 - A513 Derriaghy Road - Derriaghy Road. Access for residents will be maintained.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by Friday 21 May, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – March 2021 16 April 2021
- Mallon outlines action plan for the return of driving tests 15 April 2021
- Road improvement scheme for B2 Clare Road, Tandragee 13 April 2021
- Mallon: deeply concerned by railway incident 12 April 2021