A £105,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymacarrett Road, Belfast will commence on Monday 18 October 2021.
The resurfacing works will extend from the Newtownards Road to the Titanic Railway Halt.
Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this road. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to implement daily road closures, Monday to Friday only, between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm, from Monday 18 October 2021 until Monday 25 October 2021. During these times a diversionary route will be clearly signed for traffic via Island Street, Dee Street and Newtownards Road. Access for residents will be maintained.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Completion of the work by 25 October is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £50,000 LED lighting upgrade scheme for Twaddell Avenue 22 October 2021
- Mallon hosts British-Irish Council Transport meeting in Belfast 22 October 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Stoney Road, Dundonald 21 October 2021
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – September 2021’ 20 October 2021