A £112,000 resurfacing scheme on Backnamullagh Road, Dromore will commence on Monday 10 January 2022.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches for 2.1 km from the Grove Road to the A1 Hillsborough Road will deliver significant benefits for road users and should be fully completed by 18 February 2022.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Monday 10 January 2022 until Friday 18 February 2022 between the hours of 8.00 am and 6.00 pm. During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using A1 Hillsborough Road - Dromore Road - Edentrillick Road - Grove Road and vice versa. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 18 February 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister meets Construction Employers Federation 09 August 2022
- Resurfacing scheme for Market Street, Ballycastle to commence 05 August 2022
- Interim Strabane Flood Alleviation Scheme to progress - O’Dowd 04 August 2022
- Infrastructure Minister meets Unite Union 03 August 2022