A £313,000 resurfacing scheme for B94 Ballycregagh Road, Clough, Ballymena is due to commence on Wednesday 25 November 2020.
The scheme extends from its junction with Springmount Road/Glenleslie Road for a distance of approximately 2.3 kilometres to its junction with Dowgry Road and is expected to be completed by Tuesday 12 January 2021.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to introduce a full weekday road closure on Ballycregagh Road (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 7.00 am and 6.00 pm from Wednesday 25 November 2020 until Tuesday 22 December 2020 and from Wednesday 6 January 2021 to Tuesday 12 January 2021. During these times a diversion will be in operation via Springmount Road; Frosses Road; Lisnasoo Road and Drumbare Road (and vice versa).
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow any alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion by Tuesday 12 January 2021 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021