A £441,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme will commence on the Clare Road, Tandragee on Thursday 15 April 2021.
The improvement work will extend approximately 3.2 kilometres from its junction with B114 Shanecracken Road to its junction with Mavemacullen Road.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday to Friday) between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm from Thursday 15 April until Friday 21 May 2021.
During these times a diversion will be in place via B114 Shanecracken Road, B114 Dunesmullan Road, B3 Tandragee Road, B3 Moyrourkan Road, B131 Cloghoge Road and B2 Clare Road. The road will be open to traffic during weekday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 21 May is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- The DVA re-opens its practical driving test booking system for all customers with more capacity in the system 07 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Fenaghy Road, Cullybackey 06 May 2021
- Road improvement scheme for South Belfast 06 May 2021
- Mallon welcomes new bicycle repair station on Lagan Towpath at Lisburn 04 May 2021