A £221,000 road improvement scheme will commence at Ballinderry Road/Lissue Road/Moneybroom Road crossroads on Monday 3 October.
The scheme will enhance road safety at this busy junction by improving sightlines, widening and resurfacing existing footways, upgrading road markings and road signs and introducing high friction surfacing along Lissue Road on its approach to the B104 Ballinderry Road.
The scheme will take approximately 12 weeks to complete and to ensure the works can be undertaken safely, it will be necessary to introduce some localised road and lane closures of the Lissue, Ballinderry and Moneybroom Roads throughout this period. Temporary traffic control will be in operation. All closures will be notified in advance and diversionary routes will be clearly signed.
The Department has programmed the work operations and temporary traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time for their journey.
Updates and further information will be made available on the TrafficWatch NI website.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for A21 Ballygowan Road, Ballygowan 02 June 2023
- Consultation on Northern Ireland Concessionary Fares Scheme launched 01 June 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Quay Street, Ardglass 24 May 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022/23 Quarter Four’ 23 May 2023