A £176,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme in Addison Park, Lisburn will commence on Thursday 6 January 2022.
The resurfacing scheme, which stretches from the Knockmore Road for a total of 937 metres through the Addison Park housing development will deliver significant benefits for road users and should be fully completed by 15 April 2022.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement weekday road closures for the duration of the works from Thursday 6 January 2022 until Friday 15 April 2022 between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm. During these times local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 15 April 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: TrafficwatchNI.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £419,000 resurfacing schemes for Killagan Road, Ballymoney 27 January 2022
- Minister Mallon publishes report on the review of the implementation of the Planning Act (NI) 2011 27 January 2022
- Mallon welcomes commencement of the advanced site works on the Enniskillen Southern Bypass scheme 26 January 2022
- Mallon signals her intention to seek approval to extend the Concessionary Fares Scheme 26 January 2022