A £300,00 road improvement scheme for the Ballyutoag Road in North Belfast is due to commence on Sunday 21 March 2021.
The resurfacing works will extend for a distance of approximately two kilometres between Flush Road and Lylehill Road Lower.
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to implement a series of daily road closures (Monday to Friday only) between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm from 21 March 2021 until 2 April 2021.
During periods of closure a diversionary route will be clearly signed via Ballyutoag Hill, Ballyhill Road and Ligoneil Road. Access for residents and businesses will be maintained.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey. We would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Commenting on the scheme Minister Mallon said: “This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the North Belfast road network to the benefit of all who use it. I would like to thank the travelling public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these much needed works are completed. ”
Completion of the scheme by 2 April will be dependent on favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: https://trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – March 2021 16 April 2021
- Mallon outlines action plan for the return of driving tests 15 April 2021
- Road improvement scheme for B2 Clare Road, Tandragee 13 April 2021
- Mallon: deeply concerned by railway incident 12 April 2021