A carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on the A42 Portglenone Road/Ballymena Road and The Diamond, Ahoghill will commence on Tuesday 9 May 2023.
The works will extend for a distance of approximately 1km and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road and footways.
The scheme which includes the resurfacing of the carriageway and footways from Trinity Mews to the Glebe Road including The Diamond is expected to be completed by 18 August 2023.
To facilitate the footway resurfacing it will be necessary to operate temporary traffic control between the hours of 9.15 am and 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday. The footway works are scheduled to be completed by 8 July 2023.
To facilitate the carriageway works on the Portglenone Road/Ballymena Road and The Diamond which are due to commence at the end of July 2023, it will be necessary to operate road closures. Details of these closures and associated diversion routes will be confirmed at a later date.
Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times. The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative route which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
Completion of the work by 18 August 2023 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- O’Dowd welcomes confirmation of Irish government funding for the A5 20 February 2024
- O’Dowd – A4 Enniskillen Bypass to progress following funding confirmation 20 February 2024
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – January 2024' 16 February 2024
- O’Dowd announces £460,000 road improvement scheme for A2 Groomsport Road Roundabout, Bangor 16 February 2024