A road improvement scheme will commence on the A4 at Edfield Way, Fivemiletown on Wednesday 16 September 2020.
The scheme involves resurfacing a stretch of carriageway from just beyond the mini roundabout at the Western end of Main Street, along Edfield Way and finishing just past the Clabby Road junction. Works will also include some minor alterations to the kerbs and footway.
To facilitate safe completion of the works it will be necessary to implement overnight road closures, between the hours of 8.00 pm and 6.00 am, on three consecutive nights on Wednesday 16, Thursday 17 and Friday 18 September.
During the road closure a signed diversion will operate from Enniskillen via Irvinestown, Dromore, Omagh, Ballygawley, Augher, Clogher, Fivemiletown and vice versa. Pedestrian access to properties adjacent to the works will be maintained.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by the morning of Saturday 19 September is subject to favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any changes to the programme. All work will be carried out in accordance with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020