A £165,000 road improvement scheme on the A30 Ballymacash Road, Lisburn will commence on Monday 15 March.
The scheme, which extends from Laurehill Road to the Pond Park Road junction, will include resurfacing of the carriageway, widening of existing footways to provide a shared pedestrian and cycling facility and a number of crossing enhancements.
Minister Mallon said:
This investment will greatly improve this stretch of road for all who use it, especially those travelling to the schools on Laurelhill Road. I am committed to increasing the opportunities for active travel and I am pleased that this scheme will enhance provision for those who wish to walk, wheel and cycle.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of road closures for the duration of the works as follows:
- Daily lane closures will be in place from 8.00am until 6.00pm (Monday to Friday only) from Monday 15 March until Friday 23 April.
- Daily road closures will then be required from 8.00am until 6.00pm (Monday to Friday only) from Monday 26 April until Friday 14 May.
During the times of road closures, a two way diversionary route will operate via B101 Pond Park Road – A513 Boomers Road – A519 Prince William Road. Access for residents will be maintained.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 14 May, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £419,000 resurfacing schemes for Killagan Road, Ballymoney 27 January 2022
- Minister Mallon publishes report on the review of the implementation of the Planning Act (NI) 2011 27 January 2022
- Mallon welcomes commencement of the advanced site works on the Enniskillen Southern Bypass scheme 26 January 2022
- Mallon signals her intention to seek approval to extend the Concessionary Fares Scheme 26 January 2022