A £576,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on A26 Moira Road, Lisburn will commence on Friday 30 September 2022.
The resurfacing scheme extends from 300m north of Soldierstown Road to Leckey Road and will deliver significant benefits for residents and road users.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement road closures for three consecutive weekends. The works will commence on Friday 30 September 2022 and are programmed to be completed by Sunday 16 October 2022. Dates and times of the associated weekend road closures have been included below: -
- Friday 30 September at 9.00 pm until Sunday 2 October at 7.00 pm
- Saturday 8 October at 5.00 am until Sunday 9 October at 7.00 pm
- Saturday 15 October at 5.00 am until Sunday 16 October at 7.00 pm
During these times a signed diversionary route will be in place using the A3 Lisburn Road - A3 Moira Road - Knockmore Road - A30 Prince William Road - Ballymacash Road - A30 Glenavy Road - A30 Lisburn Road and vice versa.
In addition to the weekend closures, weekday lane closures will be in place through the works site from Monday 3 October until Friday 7 October 2022 from 09.30 am until 4.30 pm each day.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time for their journey especially if travelling to Belfast International Airport. Road users should also comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and follow the diversionary route during times of closure.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 16 October 2022, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 6.00pm and 8.00am Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022