A £480,000 resurfacing scheme for A26 Crankhill Road, Ballymena is due to commence on Monday 28 September 2020.
The scheme, which is on the northbound dual carriageway, extends from 1.1 kilometres north of Fenagh Road towards Kildowney Road for approximately 1.6 kilometres and is expected to be completed by Friday 13 November 2020.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary, for the first two weeks, to have in place outer lane closures in both directions from just north of Fenagh Road to 1 kilometre south of Glarryford junction. This will allow the construction of crossing points at either end so that all traffic can be moved onto the south bound carriageway. A contraflow system will then operate for three weeks during which time the northbound carriageway will be closed to carry out the resurfacing works. A further two weeks of outer lane closures in both directions will then be required to reinstate the crossing points and complete all outstanding works. Access to houses and premises along the closed section of road will be maintained at all times.
A temporary 40mph speed restriction will be in force for the duration of the works.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow any alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the works.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
Completion by 13 November 2020 is dependent on favourable weather conditions, however the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other road schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon refuses planning permission for Doraville Wind Farm 26 October 2020
- £148,000 road improvement scheme at Glenburn Road, Dunmurry 23 October 2020
- Mallon welcomes An Taoiseach partnership approach to delivering on an all-island infrastructure 22 October 2020
- Council receives an update on infrastructure projects for Mid Ulster District Council 2020 22 October 2020