A carriageway resurfacing scheme on Shore Road, Strangford will commence on Monday 2 May 2023.
The resurfacing scheme will involve the asphalt resurfacing of the Shore Road, from the Downpatrick Road Strangford for a distance of 1.2 kilometres in the Ardglass direction.
This work will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network and enhance road drainage to the benefit of local residents, businesses and those who travel between Strangford and Ardglass.
The initial five weeks of the scheme will involve works adjacent to the road and will not necessitate restrictions on the movement of traffic along the route. To facilitate the safe delivery of the scheme it will be necessary to implement a road closure once works adjacent to the road are completed. A further press release will be issued when details of road closure and diversion routes are known.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra, on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024